We may share your Personal Data within L’Oréal Group to comply with our legal obligations, to prevent fraud and/or to secure our tools, to improve our products and services, or after having obtained your consent to do so.
Depending on the purposes for which they were collected, and only on a need-to-know basis some of your Personal Data may be accessed by L’Oréal Group entities worldwide, where possible in a pseudonimized way (not allowing direct identification), and where necessary to provide you with requested services.
We may also share your Personal Data in a pseudonimized way (not allowing direct identification) with L’Oréal Research & Innovation scientists, including those located outside of your country, for research and innovation purposes.
Where permitted, we may also share some of your Personal Data including those collected through Cookies between our brands to harmonize and update the information you share with us, to perform statistics based on your characteristics and to tailor our communications.
Please visit the L’Oréal group website, for further details on the L’Oréal Group, its brands and its locations.
We may share your Personal Data for marketing purposes with third party (whether within or outside of Singapore) or entities of the L’Oréal Group.
Your Personal Data may also be Processed on our behalf by our trusted third party providers (whether within or outside of Singapore).
We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they do not use your Personal Data for any other purpose. We always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with keep your Personal Data secure. For instance, we may entrust services that require the Processing of your Personal Data to:
- Third parties that assist and help us in providing digital and e-commerce services such as social listening, store locator, loyalty programs, identity management, ratings and reviews, CRM, web analytics and search engine, user generated content curation tools;
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, to manage your contact and questions, and our relationships;
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Third parties that assist and help us in providing IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on our databases as well as on our software and applications that may contain data about you (such services could sometimes imply access to your data to perform the required tasks);
- Payment service providers and credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and verifying your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you;
- Third parties that assist us for customer care and customer vigilance purposes.
- Third parties that provide us with consulting services in the field of market research and analytics, collect feedback and conduct market surveys on our products, services and otherwise for customer relationship management purposes.
The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interests – (i) to improve our products and services; (ii) better engage with you; (iii) prevent fraud; (iv) secure our tools and design new features; (v) use appropriate suppliers; and (vi) ensuring your values align with that of L’Oréal’s.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties (whether within or outside of Singapore):
- If we have your consent to do so
- Or if we are permitted to do so by law.
We may disclose your Personal Data to our partners (whether within or outside of Singapore):
- In the event the service you subscribed to was co-created by L’Oréal and a partner (for example, a co-branded app). In such case, L’Oréal and the partner Process your Personal Data each for their own purposes and as such your data is Processed:
Information that Google collects and shares with us
We may incorporate and use Google services (including advertising and analytics) on our websites/apps.
When we use Google services on our websites / apps, Google will access and use your Personal Data. If you wish to learn more on how Google uses your Personal Data in this context, please consult the Google Privacy & Terms which govern these services and Personal Data processing.
Information that Facebook collects and shares with us
We may incorporate and use Facebook features and services on our websites/apps.
All Facebook features and services available on our website/app are governed by the Facebook Data Policy in which you can get more info about your privacy rights and settings options.
By using our website/app, you may:
- Sign-up with your Facebook login. If you do so, you consent to share some of your public profile information with us;
- Use the Facebook social plug-ins, such as “like” or “share” our content on the Facebook platform;
- Accept cookies from this website/app (also identified as “Facebook Pixel”) that will help us understand your activities, including information about your device, how you use our services, the purchase you make and the ads you see, whether or not you have a Facebook account or are logged into Facebook. When you are using those Facebook features, we collect data that help us to:
- Show you adds you might be interested in on Facebook (or Instagram, Messenger or any other Facebook services);
- Measure and analyse the effectiveness of our website/app and ads.
We may also use the personal information you gave us on this website/app (such as your name and surname, email, address, gender and phone number) to identify you and/or those who have similar profile like yours in Facebook (or Instagram, Messenger or any other Facebook services) in order to show you and the others, ads that are even more relevant for you and the others. While doing this, Facebook will not share your personal information and will delete the information promptly after the match process is complete.
We do not offer or sell your Personal Data.
Where we Store your Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be Processed, transferred to, accessed from, and stored at a destination outside Singapore. It may also be Processed by employees of L’Oréal operating outside Singapore who work for us or for one of our service providers.
L’Oréal transfers Personal Data outside of Singapore only in a secure and lawful way. As some countries may not have laws governing the use and transfer of Personal Data, we take steps to make sure that third parties adhere to the commitments set out in this Policy. These steps may include reviewing third parties’ privacy and security standards and/or entering into appropriate contracts.
For further information, please contact us as per the “Contact” section below.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data
We only keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we hold your Personal Data, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.
To determine the data retention period of your Personal Data, we use the following criteria as guidance:
- Where you purchase products and services, we keep your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationship;
- Where you participate in a promotional offer, we keep your Personal Data for the duration of the promotional offer;
- Where you contact us for an enquiry, we keep your Personal Data for the duration needed for the processing of your enquiry;
- Where you create an account, we keep your Personal Data until you require us to delete it or after a period of inactivity (no active interaction with brands) defined in accordance with local regulations and guidance;
- Where you have consented to direct marketing, we keep your personal data until you unsubscribe or require us to delete it or after a period of inactivity (no active interaction with brands) defined in accordance with local regulations and guidance;
- Where cookies are placed on your computer, we keep them for as long as necessary to achieve their purposes (e.g. for the duration of a session for shopping cart cookies or session ID cookies) and for a period defined in accordance with local regulations and guidance.
We may retain some Personal Data to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, as well as to allow us to manage our rights (for example to assert our claims in courts) or for statistical or historical purposes.
When we no longer need to use your Personal Data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Is Your Personal Data Secure?
We are committed to keeping your Personal Data secure, and taking all reasonable precautions to do so. We contractually require that trusted third parties who handle your Personal Data for us do the same.
We always do our best to protect your Personal Data and once we have received your Personal Data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Login
Our websites and apps may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible or liable for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Social Media and User Generated Content
Some of our websites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social media platforms can be viewed by the public, so you should be cautious about providing certain Personal Data e.g. financial information or address details. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post Personal Data on one of our social media platforms and we recommend that you do not share such information.